Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Intro


Allow me to introduce myself. I am a 21 year old D.C. native. I love art--specifically photography, graffiti, and poetry. It just so happens that all of those are hobbies of mine. If I had to describe my artistic style, I'd say I'm something like Patrick Rosal meets Trent Parke, add a little Banksy, a sprinkle of A Tribe Called Quest and a smidgen of Weezy F. Baby. You're probably thinking: this kid is either crazy or a genius. Either way it should make for an interesting blog, right?

Now that we've been formally introduced, you're probably wondering what is this all about.
....as if the name doesn't explain it all.


When looking at art, critiquing art, making art--you have to bring your "baggage". By "baggage", I mean perspective. How you relate to something and how it relates to the world around you.
I am the Metaphysical Therapist. I'm no Freud or anything but I hope what I present to you can help you recognize your conscious and unconscious baggage.

That being said, welcome to my baggage blog. Hopefully, you'll be enlightened or least entertained
.

S.B. (Scythe Butcha)